2012/06/21

Animation Mentor Class 4 Introduction to Acting

This class took the ideas form the previous classes, and combined them with behaviours, and details like staging and avoiding clichéd choices.

Term: Winter 2012
Mentor: Ray Chase
http://raymation.blogspot.com/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1112186/

Section 1 - 5
Pantomime Planning:
  1. Safe At Throne
  2. Fishing Expedition
  3. Urban Cornucopia
I storyboarded 3 options, then consulted with my mentor to choose which one to animate.  I went with #1.  I  modified the Stewie rig by with a head I modeled and shaded.





Section 6
Dialogue Planning:
  1. Woman hears noise and talks to her roommate
  2. 'Film Noir' Man yells at former colleague
  3. 'Film Noir' Mobster condescends
Much like the Pantomime, I storyboarded 3 options, but this time I edited audio options first.  Again, I went with #1.







Section 7
Dialogue Character Design

I modified the Bishop rig's body by modeling an altered version, which I applied with a blend shape.  Then I used that as a basis for the clothes, which I applied with a wrap deformer.



Section 8
Bishop Hand Pose: Anger



Section 9
Bishop Hand Pose: Relaxed



Section 10 - 11
Bishop Hand Pose: Surprise



Section 12
Progress Reel
Shots:
  1. Dialogue with limited face controls, to be completed with full controls in Class 5
  2. Pantomime


No comments:

Post a Comment