2012/06/18

Animation Mentor Class 2 Psychology of Body Mechanics

This class took the basic concepts taught in the previous class and applied them to the mechanics of characters' movement, taking into account variables like physical build, personality, emotion, and environment.

Term: Summer 2011
Mentor: Ethan Hurd
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403322/

Section 1 - 3
Backflip Planning
This video contains reference I did myself, parts of a video I found online, and a basic animatic using my thumbnail sketches.  I watched many other videos, but the video I found and featured clips from in my Reference can be seen here: Gymnastics : How to Do a Backflip Off of a Wall






Section 4 - 6
Jump On Ball Planning
This video contains a basic animatic using my thumbnail sketches and my personal reference.  I also used quite a bit of other video reference, but it's too much to sit through.  If you really want to see the sources for that material, here are links to some of it:
Little boy walking on a big ball
Young acrobats street theatre walking globe circus
New Zealands #1 Globe Walker - Circus Aotearoa
New Zealands #1 Globe Walker - Creative Festival '08
Ball Acrobatics
Adam on Acro Ball Jan 2007
Ball Flip Game 2
Adam Menzies 2006
Lunge Balance Ball Exercises






Section 7 - 11
Hand Walk Planning
This video contains a basic animatic from my thumbnail sketches and my personal reference.






Section 12
Progress Reel
Shots:
  1. Hand Walk
  2. Jump On Ball
  3. Backflip


No comments:

Post a Comment